I completed ‘SATYA I’ & ‘SATYA II’ (Sensory Awareness Training for Yoga Attunement) with Tias and Surya Little at Prajna Yoga, Santa Fe, NM. This is an in-depth study of SATYA movements and how to combines them with asana, breath and meditation. I’m taught to guide students away from “doing” movement and toward sensing, receiving and “being” movement. As an adjunct to yoga practice, somatic awareness leads to embodied wisdom. Prajna Yoga offers one of the most in-depth, comprehensive and transformational yoga teacher training programs available today.
I completed the phenomenal 6-day course ‘Hands-On Adjustments and the Art of Sequencing’ with Tias and Surya Little at Prajna Yoga, Santa Fe, NM. Practiced hands-on adjusting the poses using props to help modify poses: the wall, a block, blanket, strap, chair, wedge or bolster. Also received a comprehensive curricula grounded in meditation, yoga, visual aids and discussion, dharma talks, pranayama and chanting.
Summer & Fall 2016
At the invitation of the Lotus Palm Institute of Thai Massage and Traditional Bodywork (located in Montreal), I helped teach the course, “Assisted Yoga with Adjustments,” from 28 September to 2 October 2016. While at the Institute, I completed all requirements for the Thai Yoga Essentials Certificate and also successfully completed the course “Thai Style Head Massage.”
I studied with with Todd Norian, founder of Ashaya Yoga®, April 15 – 17, 2016 at Lake Champlain Yoga & Wellness. I attended the Yoga wellness weekend workshop training that consist of a blend of therapeutic alignment techniques, uplifting heart virtues, and the empowering teachings of Tantra philosophy.
I studied with Yogamotion Academy based out of Bozeman, MT, on March 5 – 13, 2016 in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. I earned 40 hours of CEUs for yoga teachers by completing the “Workshop-Retreat Business Training for Yoga Teachers and Health and Wellness Educators.” This training prepared me to facilitate yoga retreats in Waterville Valley, NH, and beyond. I plan to facilitate a retreat at TOSA Laguna Boutique Hotel & Spa, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala in 2017. Stay tuned for the Guatemala trip details later.
I returned from India with gratitude and love. This trip was sponsored by Feathered Pipe Ranch, Helena, MT, one of the oldest centers for conscious living and yoga retreats in the country. The tour was led by Baxter Bell, MD, RYT 500. We visited Delhi, Haridwar, the Ganges River, Rishikesh, Jaipur, Bharatpur, Agra, Khajuraho, Varanasi, and Sarnath. I heard noise like never before, saw filthy cities, and poverty that is unimaginable to many in the United States. I also saw an abundance of wealth and beauty. There were communities of love and ceremonies of light and faith that touched my soul. I am humbled.
- I completed ‘Thai Yoga Massage Level 2’, Lotus Palm School Certification, at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. I learned to adopt massages to accommodate people of different sizes and flexibility, as well as people suffering from common ailments.
- I attended Kirtan college, a weekend of intensive chanting with David Newman (Durga Das) & Mira at Satchidananda Ashram (Yogaville). We did lessons in the Bhaki Yoga tradition and how to lead Kirtan.
- I attended ‘Up North Yoga Conference’ in Essex, NY on Lake Champlain. A fabulous workshop presented by Justin Wolfer, Nixa DeBellis, Michael Fergot, Katie Wilson & Magda Janak – sponsored by Michelle Bartz Maron, Lake Champlain Yoga and Wellness.
- I attended an annual ‘Yoga in Paradise’ retreat with Suzanne Morgan, Xinalani Retreat Center, Banderas Bay, Mexico. A lot of relaxing yoga classes, workshops, journaling and meditation on the most beautiful beach. I gave a few Thai Massages and received a few. Xinalani Retreat Center
- Completed Thai Yoga Massage, Level I with Lotus Palm Thai Yoga Massage followed by Assisted Yoga with Adjustments also by Lotus Palm.
- Attended Tias Little’s Architecture of Asana training at Back Bay Studio in Boston, MA
- Attended the Kripalu’s Annual Teachers Conference on Modern Yoga Therapy.
- Attended ‘Up North Yoga Conference’ in Essex, NY on Lake Champlain.